- Details about each cafe, including the types of repairs we’ll offer, are updated regularly on this site.
- Information about who is participating, time, location, and what kinds of items to bring is sent out to our email list. Join our email list using the sign up form to the right to stay in touch.
- Our events can get very busy and you may have to wait for an available repair volunteer.
What to Bring
- Broken items and any replacement parts you think you might need.
- Clothing and other garments should be clean, please!
- Curiosity, patience and a DIY attitude.
Of course, there is no guarantee you’ll walk out with a workable item. We may not be staffed with the right skills; it may take some time to research and/or find repair parts, or it may just not be feasible to repair your item. But we’ll give it our best shot.
Things to remember
- We are all volunteers! Please be kind and generous.
- We will do our best to fix your item in 30 mins. If it’s too complex, we may not be able to complete it.
- Participants are served on a first come, first served basis.
- If you bring multiple items, we can work on one at a time. Time permitting, we can try to do another.
- We may have to turn some repairs away due to time or resources.
- We make simple repairs to garments and other textiles, such as sewing on a button or mending a tear, hole or seam. No alterations, please.
Our goal is to create an enjoyable event and assist as many people as possible. Please keep in mind that we reserve the right to turn away any repair, and we will not attempt repairs that would obviously take longer than 30 minutes.